» Medical Library
The Medical Library is the primary provider of knowledge based information services for the more than 13,000 faculty, residents, students, staff, and hospital employees of the Detroit Medical Center.
The Library’s services include:
- The expertise of trained information professionals to search for information. Over 800 mediated searches and 200 consultations are performed per year. Librarians will perform searches in a variety of databases or provide consultations before you begin.
- Expert document delivery staff to retrieve needed literature. Over 10,000 journal articles and books are obtained for library users each year. Library staff will find articles or books and deliver them to you electronically, hold them for pickup, or mail them to you.
- Access to the collection of print, electronic, and audiovisual resources. The library’s resources focus on pediatrics but also include materials covering general medicine, nursing, allied health, clinical support services, and management.
- Access to library staff who will provide group or individual instruction on the retrieval and use of information. Library staff has provided training classes on searching MEDLINE/PubMed , CINAHL, EndNote, and other applications.
The Medical Library has locations on the 1st floor of Children’s Hospital of Michigan, 1st floor of Sinai-Grace Hospital and the 5th floor of the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan.
Medical Library Hours:
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
DMC Library Services
3901 Beaubien Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48201