» Post-Baccalaureate Pediatric Nurse Residency Program
The Post-Baccalaureate Pediatric Nurse Residency Program at Children's Hospital of Michigan is designed for BSN prepared RNs with less than one year or no nursing experience (Graduate Nurses). Those applying to this program are applying for paid, full-time RN positions.
Nurse Residents are taught to:
- Provide safe pediatric nursing care
- Use effective communication strategies
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning skills and use of resources
- Maintain professional accountability for ongoing education
To Apply: Click on http://www.dmc.org/careers/
Go to Career's website and create an account
Choose "Nursing-Licensed" and "Children's Hospital of Michigan" from dropboxes
Search for posting "Graduate Nurses/Nurse Residency"
Be sure to upload your Resume and Cover Letter. Cover Letter should include:
400-500 word Goal Statement describing your Nursing Goals
Include Your 1st and 2nd top unit choices (See website for unit descriptions)
Extended Application Timeline! Accepting Applications July 22-August 20th, 2016!
1). BSN 2)Michigan RN Licensure by Sept 22nd 3)Graduation from accredited BSN college
Nurse Residency Pediatric Nursing Specialities:
- Infant-Toddler Neurosciences, Infectious Disease, Respiratory Mngt and Med/Surg- 6 EAST
- Hematology/Oncology, Renal and Bone Marrow Transplant- 6 WEST
- Surgical Step down, Burns, Trauma and Physical Rehabilitation- 5 EAST
- School-Age Neurosciences, Peds Diabetes Management, and Med/Surg - 5 WEST
- PICU and Intermediate Care -PICU experience highly preferred - 4 WEST
- NICU- Neonatal Progressive and Intensive Care
- Pediatric Emergency Department/ Observation Unit
- *IRP (Internal Nursing Float Pool)
- *Pediatric O.R.
Graduate Nurses interested in Float Pool Nursing are oriented to all Acute Care areas
during a 14-week orientation. Those hired will have flexible, self-scheduling after orientation.
Full time hours with medical benefits offered the first 6 months of employment. Opportunities for
critical care orientation and full time employment contracts near end of 1 year's employment available.
Graduate Nurses interested in O.R. Nursing should follow application instructions
and dates on this website. Those hired will participate in an O.R. focused
orientation program separate from the Pediatric Nurse Residency after introductory
nursing orientation classes.
Click links below, or to the right for more Nurse Residency Program Information