Our program is a structured two year rotation in pediatric surgery. Dedicated research time may be carved out if the fellow has research interests he or she would like to pursue.
In addition to an intensive surgical experience, fellows will also conduct, attend and participate in the following didactic lectures and formalized training courses.
Didactic lecture schedule includes:
Weekly Pediatric Surgery Grand Rounds
Weekly Fellows Conference
Monthly Journal Club
Surgery M&M conference
Trauma and Trauma M&M conference
Burn and Burn M&M conference
Formalized Training Courses:
First Year Fellow
- First Year Fellow’s course in Minimally Invasive Surgery (Chicago or Buffalo)
- American Burn Association annual meeting
- American Pediatric Surgical Association annual meeting
Second Year Fellow
- Pena Course on Anorectal Malformations (Cincinnati)
- St. Jude’s Oncology Course (Memphis)
- Second Year Fellow’s course in Minimally Invasive Surgery (NYC)
- American Academy of Pediatrics and/or American College of Surgeons annual meeting
Fellows will be certified in PALS, ATLS and ACLS at the start of their fellowship.