The Department of Urology at DMC Children’s Hospital of Michigan is ranked among America's best in U.S. News & World Report's 2014-15 Best Children's Hospitals rankings. Children's Hospital of Michigan is ranked as the top hospital in the state for pediatric urological care.
The Department specializes in the evaluation and management of fetal and congenital anomalies of the urinary tract and genitalia, including antenatal hydronephrosis, undescended testis, hernia/hydrocele, hydronephrosis, kidney stones, vesicoureteral reflux, bladder exstrophy, hypospadias, epispadias, voiding dysfunction, disorders of sex development and nocturnal enuresis.
Depending on the disorder, the patient's multidisciplinary care team may include specialists in pediatric urology, nephrology, endocrinology, psychology, nutrition and physical therapy.
Advanced diagnostic tests are available, including renal/bladder ultrasound, voiding cystourethrogram, renal scans and urodynamic testing. Treatments may include medical management, behavioral modification and surgery.
While surgical intervention is not always necessary, the pediatric urologists at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan are highly skilled surgeons with significant experience in reconstructive surgery and minimally invasive, robotic-assisted procedures. In addition to providing multidisciplinary care, physician researchers in the department are making significant contributions to the subspecialty of pediatric urology.
- Multidisciplinary care from experts in pediatric urology, nephrology, endocrinology, psychology, nutrition and physical therapy
- One of the nation’s few pediatric urology programs with a full-time child psychologist on staff
- Advanced diagnostics and minimally invasive, robotic-assisted surgical technologies
- Bowel and Urinary Disorders Clinic
- Behavioral Modification Voiding Program (BeMVP)
- Multidisciplinary Pediatric Stone Clinic focuses on preventing and treating stones
- Disorders of Sex Development (DSD) clinic treats most of Michigan’s infants and children with DSD
- Nocturnal Enuresis (Bed Wetting)
- Myelomeningocele Care Center
In addition to the midtown location at Children's Hospital of Michigan, the Department of Pediatric Urology provides outpatient care at specialty center locations in Canton, and Clinton Township .
For further information or to schedule an appointment call (313) 745-KIDS or toll-free at (888) 362-2500 or select from the following:
Find a Doctor Make an Appointment Talk to a Nurse