» Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I include in the Goal Statement
~ A brief descriptions of your plans (goals) as a new pediatric nurse
2. Do I need to provide recommendation letters
~ Yes, please bring your recommendation letters to any interviews you may have
3. When will I be called for an interview?
~ Typically 2-6 weeks after the application period ends
~ However, if more positions become available the interview period could be extended
4. Why must I have RN licensure 2-3 weeks before the program start?
~ To ensure Licensed RN positions are fulfilled timely and eliminate orientation delays
5. What happens if I do not have my RN Licensure in time?
~ The applicant becomes ineligible for that Residency Program
~ The candidate may apply for the next offered Pediatric Nurse Residency Program
6. What should I do if I don't have an American Heart Association (AHA) BLS card?
~ New employees must have the AHA Healthcare Provider certification at their start date
~ Only AHA Healthcare Provider certification is accepted, Not Red Cross or other certifications
~ Please reference the AHA website, or look in your community for classes if you do not have one