» Social Media Disclaimer
Social Media Disclaimer
We welcome and encourage open discussion on DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan’s social media sites - including but not limited to our blogs, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages and online story-sharing forums, blogs or applications - and look forward to any comments, stories and experiences you want to share.
That said, we do make reasonable efforts to monitor participation to ensure that you stay on topic, are courteous and avoid making offensive comments. Please remember that information posted on any of our social media platforms shouldn't be considered medical advice and shouldn't replace a consultation with a health care professional.
Please be aware that once you post something online, there's the potential for thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of people to read your words, even years from now. As a result, we suggest that you exercise caution when posting medical information on any of our social media sites and that you not disclose personal identifiable information like your location, medical record number, financial information, etc.
That's the plain English version. Here it is in legal language:
While the Children's Hospital of Michigan makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media platforms, we do not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information.
The Children's Hospital of Michigan reserves the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems are inappropriate. Comments including but not limited to the following may be deleted or edited by the moderators:
• Abusive or hurtful comments about a blogger or another participant
• Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, Web sites, organizations and programs not related to or affiliated with the hospital)
• Comments that use foul language or "hate speech" (for example, including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender bashing language)
• Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative personal or untrue comments about a participant), instead of just criticizing his/her posting, opinion or comments
• Comments that violate the privacy of our patients and their families
Information posted on one of our sites is not intended to be medical advice and should not be considered medical advice, nor is it intended to replace consultation with a qualified physician or other health care provider.
All links to other Web sites found linked from Children's Hospital of Michigan social media sites are provided as a service to readers, but such linkage does not constitute endorsement of those sites by the Children's Hospital of Michigan, and as such we are not responsible for the content of external Web sites.
By submitting content to any of Children's Hospital of Michigan social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that Children's Hospital of Michigan may use this information for internal and external promotional purposes and fundraising purposes. Please note that other participants may use your posted information beyond the control of Children's Hospital of Michigan. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via this site used, published, copied and/or reprinted, please do not post on this page.
Disclaimer & Rules
***** Please read the following *****
The opinions and or views expressed on the The Detroit Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Michigan social media platforms, including, but not limited to, our on-line communities, blogs, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages, represent the thoughts of individual bloggers and online communities, and not those necessarily of Children's Hospital of Michigan or any of its corporate affiliates or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, research staff, medical staff or members of its respective board of directors. The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, the staff involved with maintaining the site or any members of the site.
The Detroit Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Michigan do not guarantee monitoring or authentication of the information contained in social media for accuracy, safety, or reliability. Except as may be specifically referenced in the Children’s Hospital of Michigan Home Pages. The Detroit Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Michigan make no endorsements of any particular product or treatment, makes no representations and assumes no liability relative to any content, opinions, e-mail addresses, and/or computer viruses which may be transmitted relative to such social media.
The Detroit Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Michigan asks that all users:
1. Not post or transmit any message which is defamatory, threatening, obscene, knowingly false or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person or otherwise violates the rights of third parties, such as through copyright or trade secret infringement;
2. Not take any action which would disrupt the normal dialogue amongst users, such as through the transmission of viruses;
3. Not solicit any other user for commercial sale, fund-raising and/or illegal purposes; and
4. Acknowledge and agree that the information contained in the Detroit Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Michigan’s responses are intended solely for general educational purposes. The information contained in this service is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition.
5. The Detroit Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Michigan does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or correctness, timeliness, or usefulness of any opinions, advice, services, or other information provided through social media. In no event will The Detroit Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Michigan be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon the information provided through social media. You will hold Detroit Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Michigan harmless for any such actions or decisions taken by you in reliance upon such information.
7. The materials provided via social media are copyrighted and may be downloaded and/or reprinted for personal use only. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document, tradename, logo or other graphic in whole or in part for any other reason is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from Detroit Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Michigan.
Questions may be sent to:
DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Attn: Public Relations
3901 Beaubien Blvd., Box 133
Detroit, Michigan 48201
Please note that all material contained herein is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered as medical advice or instruction. Consult your health care professional for advice relating to a medical problem or condition.