Applying to our Program and FAQs
The pediatric residency program at the Children's Hospital of Michigan accepts applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and participates in the National Resident Matching Progam (NRMP)
For additional information: ERAS NRMP
The following are responses to Frequently Asked Questions about applying to our program that you may find helpful.
- Do you participate in the match? Yes, the NRMP number for the categorical pediatrics program is: 1843320C0.
- Do you have minimum USMLE or COMLEX scores? No.
- How do I apply? Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
- How many letters of recommendation do you require? Three.
- What is the time frame for applying? Applications are accepted from August through January.
- Do you accept osteopathic graduates? Yes.
- Do you accept international graduates? Yes, our program is committed to training the best pediatricians possible, regardless of country of origin.
- Is previous US clinical experience required? Although desirable, it is not required.
- Do you need to have completed USMLE Step 2 or COMLEX Level 2 in order to apply? No, we will review applications without USMLE Step 2 scores, however, we must have documentation of your successful completion of Step 2 CK and CS by the time of our submission to the match.
- What types of visas do you sponsor? We sponsor J1 training visas.
- Is ECFMG certification required? Yes, by the time of our submission to the match all international applicants must be ECFMG certified.
- Do you offer observerships? No, at this time we are unable to accommodate observerships.
- Do you have a maximum number of years since graduation from Medical School? No we do not have a limit to the number of years since graduation; however, we do not consider applicants who have not been active in a clinical setting for a period of 2 years or more.