Services and Innovations
The pediatric surgery physicians and staff are highly trained in the latest surgical techniques in order to provide the best possible outcome for patients. The department offers a child friendly waiting area and examination rooms.
The department offers certain 24-hour physician on call services. Patients have the option of touring the operating room and hospital in advance of their surgery through the Children's Hospital Surgery Express program.
Why choose pediatric surgery at the Children's Hospital of Michigan?
- The Children's Hospital of Michigan is a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma.
- The Children's Hospital of Michigan offers life-saving Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) therapy for children in respiratory failure.
- The Children’s Hospital of Michigan offers a dedicated pediatric Burn Center, one of only a few in the nation - verified by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
- The hospital offers a Children’s Hospital Intestinal Rehabilitation Clinic (CHIRP) providing multidisciplinary care to children on IV nutrition.
- Surgeons on staff perform advanced laparoscopic and thoracoscopic surgical procedures.
- More than 14,000 surgeries are performed every year.
- The Division participates in the American College of Surgeon's National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) for Pediatric Surgery.
- Same day/next day appointments are available.