Jack's Tree House
A Unique Place Just for Them
At the Children's Hospital of Michigan (CHM), we know that it's not just children with illnesses or injuries that need the special attention and expert care we provide. Their brothers and sisters need nurturing, too. Jack’s Tree House offers a safe and caring place for kids. It is a special place for children to play and learn while their siblings are in the hospital. Our staff and volunteers provide lots of fun activities for children.
Stop By for a Visit
Jack’s Tree House is a free service provided to our patients' families. Siblings of children receiving inpatient or outpatient services at Children's Hospital are invited to visit Jack’s. It's located on the first floor of the hospital near the parking deck entrance. Hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays, excluding holidays. Hours may vary based on staff and volunteer availability.
Jack’s Tree House Guidelines
- Services available for brothers and sisters (of patients), 2-12 years of age
- Children must be potty trained
- Parent/Guardian must complete a registration and screening process
- Children who have had a cold, fever, cough, runny nose, rash or flu like symptoms within 24 hours cannot be accepted
- Siblings of patients in isolation rooms are not allowed
- Parents must be in the hospital, and available, while their child is in Jack’s
- Children may play for up to two hours per day
To find out more about this service, please call (313) 745-5365.