Worldwide Destination for Treating Children
For more than 130 years, Children’s Hospital of Michigan has been a leader in pediatric care and treatment of complex diseases and conditions. Our internationally recognized team of physicians, surgeons and nurses provide advanced pediatric care in more than 40 specialties.
As a worldwide destination for the treatment of rare and complex medical conditions in children, we see more than 250 international patients annually from more than 22 countries and more than 500 patients annually from 39 states outside of Michigan.
As a leader in children’s medical care providing medical innovation and clinical leadership in multiple specialties including but not limited to:
Burn Care with Pediatric Surgery
- Cultured Epidermal Autografts
- Specialized Skin Graft Treatment
- Laser Scar Treatment and Therapy for Burns
- Congenital Heart Services
- Michigan Adult Congenital Heart Center
- Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization
Inpatient Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Neuro Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) – infant cooling
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Stereotactic MRI-guided Laser Ablation (coming soon)
- Limb Lengthening
- Spinal Navigation for Scoliosis
- Bone Marrow
Treatment of Rare Blood Related or Hematologic Disorders
The Ronald McDonald House – Detroit will take care of you while you take care of your child. A comfortable place to stay, a home away from home.
Panda One – Intensive Care Transportation Team:
- Ground ambulance for distances of 60 miles away, or 30 miles away during high traffic periods
- Helicopter transport for greater than 30-60 miles
- Lear jet for greater than 150 miles
To learn more, please call (313) 745-KIDS.